At North Florida Surgical Oncology, we are devoted to providing surgical care for patients with both cancerous and non-cancerous tumors with a focus on GI cancers including hepatobiliary, pancreatic and gastroesophageal cancers.
Our providers are dedicated to delivering the best care using innovative cancer surgery methods and technologies including minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Macedo specializes in the following procedures:
- Minimally invasive (Laparoscopic/Robotic) abdominal oncologic surgery, including: esophagectomy, gastrectomy and colectomy.
- Complex Liver and Pancreatic surgery including major hepatic (liver) resections, Whipple procedure, and image-guided liver & pancreatic tumor ablations.
- Complex biliary tract (liver, gall bladder and bile ducts) surgery including repair of bile ducts.
- Head & neck oncologic surgery including thyroidectomy with intraoperative nerve-integrity monitoring.
- Complex surgery for peritoneal carcinomatosis and advanced GI cancer including HIPEC (Hyperthermic Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy) procedures.
- Screening, biopsy, prevention, diagnosis & surgical care of breast cancer and soft tissue tumors including melanoma and sarcoma.